Intercultural exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was born too early...

Go down

I was born too early... Empty I was born too early...

Post by Teacher Ke Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 am

Since most of you still like anime and manga, I would like to share my experience.
I gradually come to believe that if I were born ten years later, I would be a fan of anime and manga, even an otaku-homy boy. I like anime and manga but I don't have much time to watch or read them in my life. In the past it was not so easily accessible; I could only borrow Shoujo from friends in high school. What made me realize my interests in manga was the bookstores in the U.S. When I was studying in the U.S., I was so happy to find out so many Japanese manga in the bookstores, and the best of all, you can read them! They were not sealed. In addition, you could also borrow mangas and anime DVDs from library. As a result, I read many Japanese mangas in English. And I found out that Japanese animes and manga have a global readership. Youngsters around the world love them. On youtube you can find fans around the world leaving feedbacks to anime clips. This is very interesting. Also if you read manga or watch anime in English, you'll learn many interesting English words, and if you happen to know some Japanese, it'll be even more interesting to read the conversations and the translations between the two languages.

Here I provide you another way to improve your English and Japanese: read or watch them in English or Japanese! You can easily find them on youtube, Veoh, and other video sharing sites. You will be surprised to find out that in some corner of the world, there are other people who also like the manga that you like. And if you can use English to talk about manga and anime, isn't that cool? tongue

Teacher Ke

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum